Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Angel Pod

Full moon soon. Tonight was glorious. Went out to dinner with friends. We shared a bottle of delicious red wine, good food and good conversation. I've been caving for too long,(it is winter) and coming out into the open was lovely.

We spoke of the giving group. The idea: a pod of people comeing together to discuss giving a donation of $5 each a month. The group will choose the charity for the month and then donate the whole amount to the chosen cause. Simple. The whole idea is to begin a charitable gifting group. My hope is we will choose to gift locally. Coming together and doing more than what can be done alone has always interested me. The motivation for this group is to become an independent cohesive unit of giving, and to practice active compassion. That's it. How it manifests or grows is up to the group.

The moon waxes and now I begin to wane... satiated and satisfied by the day, the wine and the food, sleep creeps in. Filled with gratitude for those presently in my life, I begin to drift into the land of dreams. My heart aches for those around me in my community or the world who are not in ease. And as sleep nears a prayer is whispered, may those who are hurting find their way. May those who suffer find comfort. May those in misery be held.

The mystery of life is daunting.

No comments :

Post a Comment