Sunday, November 1, 2009

Oil and Angels

This Morning Nov. 1st I wake early.

I'm constructing a grid, ten feet by seven and half feet whole. Large rolled white paper was purchased yesterday for this task. The grid will hold the 108 angels in a 9' by 12' rectangle. With this grid as a tool, I will be able to transcribe the bigger design code the angels will form when all together. As one friend said yesterday, "Well Eva, you've definitely found a way to keep yourself busy!” I asked her if she thought I had gone mad, and she commented, "You clearly have a lot of passion for this project. What's wrong with passion..?" Good question. So much good has been done in the name of passion and so much bad. I pray that this creative passion will allow my voice to sing toward the cause of responsibility that I’m guided to convey. The project at its root is about forming a world based on the ideals of kindness and compassion. Listen, I am no Polly Ana…

I’m simply tired of waking up to news of oil spills and war.
That being said, I do see groups arising, who are educating each other with understanding and listening as roots rather than arranging solutions to problems based from old fears. This heartens me.

However, this morning, I find tears rolling down my cheeks and grief in my heart upon hearing about the oil that has once again fallen in our oceans. This time oil creeps in the waters around San Francisco. The effect this spill will have on life surrounding the bay area even though I live in Maine sickens me.

I am becoming acutely aware with ‘felt’ understanding and insight of just how big our feet have grown. We continue walking in the spirit of ownership and ignorance. My heart fills with grief as I look at the clumsy trails we have crafted, and all the justifications used as tools toward reason…. Soon we will no longer be able to find shoes for these monstrous appendages. We have been the champions of ignorance and have disregarded our indigenous roots of interconnectedness with all life in the name of progress and civilization. We have inspired others to follow in our large footsteps and this deeply hurts. We are very good at marketing.

(There are those who are using marketing and design as tools toward understanding, I acknowledge and solute groups like Project M.)

May my little angels inspire angelic warriorship, and encourage spreading grander seed codes as we develop courage to look at all the dogma that is presently winding us; albeit, medically, spiritually, socially, economically, politically. May we come to understand whose agendas we have been serving. May we heal our personal hurts so we may clearly see the world and ourselves.
This is my wish.

I also want to acknowledge and honor the passing of Ted Andrew. His book Animal Speaks has been one of my bibles, and has furthered my understanding of connection with the animal spirit kingdom. May his spirit animals and connections carry him across the Grand River with ease.

Today on this Nov. 1st day in November in Maine, it’s an extraordinarily warm and beautiful day and I’m going for a walk!! Allow my humble walk be an honoring and celebration of fall and all the beauty around me. Colors. Wow!! So Exquisite.

No comments :

Post a Comment