Thursday, May 27, 2010

Moon Mirror/ Angel reflection:

Have you ever noticed how water can magnify emotions?
The Moon pulls our waters.
In the time of this May full Moon, I am pulled into her face.

Not all full moons are alike.
This Maine Spring has been extraordinarily beautiful.
I have been outside more sooner. I think this is contributing to my heightened physical and emotional awareness. I can feel the moon pulling my waters. I am also in the midst of a daily spiritual practice centered on prayer and the coming and going of the tides. I live on a tidal cove. The cove is in cahoots with the moon, transmitting moonlight everywhere.

Last night I had entire leg cramps. Yes I had cycled 21 miles yesterday, and then sat the rest of the day in council with others. The cramps were like none I had experienced before. I was hydrated. I think my legs are being asked to carry me further on many fronts, and they are expanding and contracting with their new job description.

In Peruvian Shamanism we are taught to build relationships of power.
We are asked to develop engagements of substance, which are transpersonal.
With prayerful permission storehouses of earths’ collective repositories are approached. i.e. rivers, mountains, wind, rain, lightening. Each element holds information. We sit and wait for lessons to emerge. The energy of the lessons is than woven into our luminous fields allowing access to navigate within the personal differently.

This May moon I am dancing is reflecting me.
I am a bit off balance. In yoga today, poses associated with balance were difficult. I notice I am still sourcing from old relationships stored within myself. In essence I am still cultivating old gardens. Those who loved me planted many seeds. I notice I have adopted some of this old growth as my own. This is OK as long as I understand I do not have to harvest the fruits and flowers in the same way. I have choice! For instance when I am feeling jealous, I don’t have to feed the lack of worth, there hidden underneath the jealousy or allow jealousy to freeze me in my tracks. In this moon’s light I fertilize the gaining strength and wisdom of my becoming, by welcoming all reflections!

I am growing older, and my body is changing. My mirrored face reflects back to me with lined features and different skin. Two blue eyes of a blooming crone appear, and peak back at me.

I find irony here; I am now called to embrace the beloved. Isn’t this folly and play for youth? I hid from possible ecstasy. My maiden self could have called lovers in with ease. I had no idea how to play the games or hold my self in relationship without loosing my essence. I knew passion with lovers that chose me, yet the ecstasy of deep sexual union through spiritual beauty eluded me. Perhaps I wasn’t ready. Now at a budding crone’s age, I explore the archetype of lover. I am the Dragon in Chinese astrology. Dragons ripen in their latter years.
Today I breathe fire!

Sometimes I am saddened by my once upon a time remembered careful choices. I now embrace the twinkle of risk and strength and brutal truth aging brings.
I delight in every healthy minute. The hormonal driven drama lessens and the stance of stubborn riotousness has become boring. I call clarity and vulnerability and grace as my companions. I explore the edges of my changing physicality; pushing and encouraging myself not to stiffen, to instead stretch and release.
I soften and I deepen.
Every day a gift.

My mortality becomes more present.

I dance the path of the beloved.
I soften into my center. I am present.
I am pulled in and spit out by the moon.
And stand reflected and remembered by her light.

No comments :

Post a Comment